(WLNS) – Electric choice: it’s a hot topic following the power outages caused by December’s ice storm and one that’s even getting attention from lawmakers.
Currently, only 10 percent of Michiganders get to choose where they get their electricity. The other 90 percent must follow the state’s power grid.
Big businesses on the energy choice plan say they save tens of thousands of dollars each year by getting energy from out-of-state providers. Nearly 12,000 businesses that aren’t on the plan are waiting in line for electric choice.